7 Dumbest Reasons Customers Brought Their Cars To Mechanics

11:52 PM

The passion which a mechanic works with can easily manifest in a "job", instead of being a consultant for repairs which are needs or even in general advising on how to use a car. At times, the person may wrong in their cars with the assumption that it has an issue, but the solution to that issue is right in front of their eyes.

1) No Wonder Her Car Pulled to The Right
"A lady walked in with the complaint that her car was pulling more to the right". I checked and could not find anything broken. I then drove the car for approximately ten minutes and realized that there wasn’t anything wrong with the car. She then came back to us where I asked her to show me how she drove, just to see if there was something wrong with the car which can cause an accident. We started driving, shortly afterwards she simply took her right hand off the steering wheel and put her hand in the glove box.
Then I told her that the moment that she takes her hand of the wheel, it causes the wheel to turn. But I am sure that even when she left, she wasn’t sure of what I told her.

2) Stuck on The Side of The Road at Night...
"I called roadside assistance once in the middle of the night at 2 a.m. as my car wasn’t starting. I did not have a jumper cable with me and was freezing in the cold. All of this was making me very stressed.
I had no reason to explain why it would not start. I then called my cousin and he came but couldn’t find out what the reason for it.
The roadside assistance showed up, took one glance at the car and said, "it's now in drive, gently put in park and ignited the engine".


3) One Tank Takes Everything, Right?
"I completed several automobile classes back in college". We practiced on cars of random people who lacked the money to pay for labor and parts.
A lady bought in her car on a tow rig saying that it made weird noises.
We did out basic checks first. Then only we started hearing the sounds. The exhausted pushed out big chunks of sludge and smoke, but the car wasn’t still moving.
Then only we realized that the lady thought that the gas opening was the opening for everything which the car needed.
When she realized that she had an issue, she had poured down oil, anti-freeze, brake fluid even washer fluids to make sure all fluid levels were good.

4) What Was That Sound?
"My mother owned a Cadillac several years ago. She complained that whenever the car slowed down, there was a sound in the back from what seemed like a ball moving from side to side.
This was there for almost a week.
She took the car for the dealer and explained what she was hearing all this time.
After ten minutes, the assistant asked if she checked the back. Mine and my brother's bowling balls were in the back of the car.

5) He Was Not Sure What Was Wrong with His Car, The Mechanic Knew Immediately
A person got in touch with me after an advertisement I posted on Craigslist.
He said that he was not really sure what was wrong with the car, all he knew was it would start.

He said "is it an oil change? Can you please have a look, I would be really happy?
He showed a 92' Honda Civic.
There was no starter, no exhaust system, a gaping hole in the middle of the gas tank, a destroyed oil tank and the timing belt was completely misaligned.
I was infuriated and walked out immediately and gave him some stick for wasting my time for nothing.


6) Why Won't the Car Open?
One day when I was in the garage, a customer walks in stating that he cannot open the rear passenger side door from the inside.
I opened up the door panel to see if there were any mechanical issues.
Then a friend of mine asked me to have a look at the child lock.
I was like, that can't be, no one ever forgets to do that. But upon on his insistence I went ahead anyway.
It turned out to be the child lock.
One time, a customer came with the complaints of a rattle in the dash, which ultimately turned out to be a lot of loose change in the glove compartment.

7) At Least She Knew Where to Add Oil
Once an old lady brought in a car with a loud sounding knock.
"Only thing I did was add a bit of oil" she said.
"What was the oil level?" I inquired.
"I wasn’t sure, the low oil light was on and my husband had shown me before where to put the oil" so she went onto open the cap and fill it to the brim.
She had filled up the engine till it almost overflowed. A drain and Marvel Mystery Oil took it all out.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »